Rugby’s two-wheeled pub crawl for charity is back for 2013 and we have a date! Saturday 6th July.
Since 2010, local resident Paul Flintoft and his friends have been supporting independent and real ale pubs in and around Rugby and raising money for the Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance (WNAA). They have done this by visiting 60 pubs on bike, sampling a real ale in each pub, writing up a short review on this website and rattling the tins for the WNAA.
This year, Paul was honoured to be elected as chairman for Rugby Round Table – so this year the event is called the ‘Rugby 113 113 Two Wheeled Pub Crawl’ (113 is Rugby Round Table’s number in the national organisation by the way). It’s a take on the 118 118 TV advert and each member will of course be dressed in matching vests and moustaches! There will also be some extra fun and games in each pub they visit!
The charity is still the WNAA but this year they hope to raise over £1,000. If you would like to join the boys on their cycle ride, please visit our contact page or if you would just like to support the boys on the day by dropping some coins into their WNAA collection tins, check out their itinerary below.
N.B. every penny raised goes to the Air Ambulance – NOT for beer money!
Itinerary for Saturday July 6th, 2013
- 10.30am – St Thomas Cross, Newton
- 11am – The Bull, Clifton on Dunsmore
- 11.45am – Jolly Brewers, Hillmorton
- 12.45pm – The Jolly Abbot, Hillmorton
- 1.30pm – Stag & Pheasant, Hillmorton
- 2pm – The Bell, Hillmorton
- 2.30pm – The Red Lion, Hillmorton
- 3pm – The Paddox, Hillmorton
- 3.45pm – Fighting Cocks, Bilton
- 4.30pm – The Griffin, Kingsway
- 5pm – Black Horse, Bilton
- 5.30pm – Crow Pie, Bilton
- 6.15pm – William Webb Ellis, town centre
- 6.45pm – The Raglan, town centre
- 7.30pm – The Merchants Inn, town centre
- 8pm – The Dirty Duck (Black Swan), town centre
- 8.30pm – Alexandra Arms, town centre
- 9pm – Seven Stars, town centre
- 9.30pm – Rupert Brook, town centre
- 10pm – Victoria Inn, town centre
That’s 20 pubs! All to support independent / real ale pubs in Rugby and the Warwickshire & Northamptonshire Air Ambulance! Please donate on our Just Giving page here.